Blockchain Beach obtained a study from Meter, a stable cryptocurrency backed by the global competitive price of electricity. Meter recently conducted a study of 1,000 U.S. consumers who were familiar with cryptocurrency to learn about opinions and concerns around the technology.
Key figures include:
- Respondents are mostly for one global currency
- Majority believe that a global currency would reduce political risk and increase trade
- Almost all of the respondents would use a stable digital currency
- 86% make less than half of their purchases using cash
- 72% would prefer to use a stable cryptocurrency that could not be manipulated by governments or banks
- But volatility is still an issue in this space